001-IMG_2108.jpg
Kameyama Castle is now headquarters to a religion called Omoto-kyo which acquired the castle property in 1919. Only stone walls and moats remain.Statue of shachihoko.
002-IMG_2109.jpg
Kameyama Castle
003-IMG_2150.jpg
Statue of shachihoko roof ornament
004-IMG_2111P.jpg
Castle compound and moat
005-IMG_2140.jpg
Castle moat
006-IMG_2116.jpg
007-IMG_2117.jpg
Entrance to Omoto-kyo HQ and former castle grounds
008-IMG_2119P.jpg
009-IMG_2122P.jpg
Stone foundation
010-IMG_2125.jpg
011-IMG_2127.jpg
012-IMG_2131.jpg
013-IMG_2132.jpg
014-47_Kameyama.jpg
Hiroshige's woodblock print of Kameyama (47th post town on the Tokaido) from his "Fifty-Three Stations of the Tokaido Road" series. Kameoka was formerly named Kameyama.
   
14 files on 1 page(s)