Home > GIFU 岐阜県 > Mizuho 瑞穂市

Mieji-juku 美江寺宿


mj242-Kisokaido55_Mieji.jpg

Mieji-juku was the 55th lodging town on the old Nakasendo Road connecting Edo (Tokyo) and Kyoto through an inland route.It became an official shukuba town on the Nakasendo in 1637. Mieji was named after Mieji Temple that worshipped an eleven-face Kannon statue. A few remnants and stone markers remain within a small area. No museums. It is in a rural area with hardly any local people to guide tourists. Only a few tourist map signboards indicate the major sights. Near Mieji Station on the Tarumi Line north of JR Ogaki Station.

48 files, last one added on Jan 27, 2022
Album viewed 14 times

 

1 albums on 1 page(s)