Last updated: May 5, 2018
by Philbert Ono
Welcome to the Japan Articles section of PHOTOGUIDE.JP. This is where I put my longer articles and serious writings. Those which cannot fit in my blogs or don't belong in a blog. This Main Page serves as a pointer to all the articles. This Japan Articles section can adapt to screens on mobile devices, but it will look slightly different compared to a computer screen. This section is editable only by the admin. If you see any errors, please contact us.
- Lake Biwa - Japan's largest lake.
- Spa Resort Hawaiians - All about a Hawaiian-themed water park and hot spring (onsen) amusement park in the coastal city of Iwaki in Fukushima Prefecture.
- Japanese-American_and_Nikkei_Museums_in_Japan - List of museums in Japan related to the Japanese immigration to Hawaii and North America.
- Climbing Mt. Fuji - Practical tips and my photos of the climb.
- Robert Walker Irwin - Hawaiian Minister to Japan who supervised the Japanese immigration to Hawaii in the late 19th century.
- Hula in Hawaii - About hula in Hawaii.
- T. Enami - Yokohama photographer active in late 19th century to early 20th century.
- Biwako Shuko no Uta （日本語）- Shiga Prefecture's most famous song explained in Japanese.
- Japan Photo History - Chronology of Japanese photography history.
Articles About Japanese Prefectures
Aichi | Akita | Aomori | Chiba | Ehime | Fukui | Fukuoka | Fukushima | Gifu | Gunma | Hiroshima | Hokkaido | Hyogo | Ibaraki | Ishikawa | Iwate | Kagawa | Kagoshima | Kanagawa | Kochi | Kumamoto | Kyoto | Mie | Miyagi | Miyazaki | Nagano | Nagasaki | Nara | Niigata | Oita | Okayama | Okinawa | Osaka | Saga | Saitama | Shiga | Shimane | Shizuoka | Tochigi | Tokushima | Tokyo | Tottori | Toyama | Wakayama | Yamagata | Yamaguchi | Yamanashi
- All Japanese personal names are written in the Japanese style with the family name coming before the given name.
- Names of Japanese towns and villages are appended with the Japanese word for town (-cho) or village (-mura). This is to distinguish them from names of cities which are not appended with the Japanese word for "city" (-shi).
- Links in red indicate articles still under construction. Links in blue lead to articles which exist.
- When you see an image in an article, click on it to see a larger image.
- Links appended with an arrow like this one, indicates a Web page outside the Articles site. It will open in a new window.
- Although we use the same software that runs Wikipedia, this is not a collaborative wiki. It is a read-only site. You cannot edit or create articles here unless you are a sysop. If you want to write an article, Contact us.
- You cannot create a new account nor login unless you are a sysop.