Last updated: June 1, 2012
by Philbert Ono
Welcome to the Japan Articles section of PHOTOGUIDE.JP. This is where I put my longer articles and serious writings. Those which cannot fit in my blogs or don't belong in a blog. This is where write my heart out about Japan. The articles usually complement my Japan Photos section. This section is still largely under construction. This Main Page serves as an index and guide to all the articles.
- Spa Resort Hawaiians - All about a Hawaiian-themed water park and hot spring (onsen) amusement park in the coastal city of Iwaki in Fukushima Prefecture.
- Japanese-American_and_Nikkei_Museums_in_Japan - List of museums in Japan related to the Japanese immigration to Hawaii and North America.
- Toilet God song (Toilet no Kamisama) - 2010's biggest hit in Japan.
- Buying a flat-panel TV in Japan - My personal experience and advice.
- Movie_review:_Katen_no_Shiro - Detailed review of a movie called Katen no Shiro (火天の城) which is about a master carpenter ordered by Oda Nobunaga to build Azuchi Castle. Released in Japan on Sept. 12, 2009.
- Climbing Mt. Fuji - Practical tips and my photos of the climb.
- Robert Walker Irwin - Hawaiian Minister to Japan who supervised the Japanese immigration to Hawaii in the late 19th century.
- Hula in Hawaii - About hula in Hawaii.
- T. Enami - Yokohama photographer active in late 19th century to early 20th century.
- Biwako Shuko no Uta （日本語）- Shiga Prefecture's most famous song explained in Japanese.
- Japan Photo History - Chronology of Japanese photography history.
- Articles about Japanese photography
- Articles about Japanese photography history
- Articles about Japanese photographers
- Articles about Tokyo
- Articles about Shiga Prefecture
- Articles about Hawaii
Articles About Japanese Prefectures
Aichi | Akita | Aomori | Chiba | Ehime | Fukui | Fukuoka | Fukushima | Gifu | Gunma | Hiroshima | Hokkaido | Hyogo | Ibaraki | Ishikawa | Iwate | Kagawa | Kagoshima | Kanagawa | Kochi | Kumamoto | Kyoto | Mie | Miyagi | Miyazaki | Nagano | Nagasaki | Nara | Niigata | Oita | Okayama | Okinawa | Osaka | Saga | Saitama | Shiga | Shimane | Shizuoka | Tochigi | Tokushima | Tokyo | Tottori | Toyama | Wakayama | Yamagata | Yamaguchi | Yamanashi
- All Japanese personal names are written in the Japanese style with the family name coming before the given name.
- Names of Japanese towns and villages are appended with the Japanese word for town (-cho) or village (-mura). This is to distinguish them from names of cities which are not appended with the Japanese word for "city" (-shi).
- Links in red indicate articles still under construction. Links in blue lead to articles which exist.
- When you see an image in an article, click on it to see a larger image.
- Links appended with an arrow like this one, indicates a Web page outside the Articles site. It will open in a new window.
- Although we use the same software that runs Wikipedia, this is not a collaborative wiki. It is a read-only site. You cannot edit or create articles here unless you are a sysop. If you want to write an article, Contact us.
- You cannot create a new account nor login unless you are a sysop.