West Japan Railway (JR West) train line running from Kusatsu Station to Tsuge Station in Mie Prefecture, with stations in Kusatsu, Ritto, Konan, and Koka. Only Futsu (普通) Local trains run. There are no express trains (kaisoku, etc.).
The line opened in 1889 (extended from Mikumo to Tsuge in 1890) and the total distance is 36.7 km.
- Kusatsu Station (草津駅) - Transfer point between the Kusatsu Line and Tokaido Line. A former stage town on the Nakasendo Road. The Kusatsu-juku Honjin is a marvelous example of the luxury accomodations used by feudal lords and emperors when they traveled in the old days. Tourist info booth near wicket. Bicycle rental (phone: 077−565-9052) at east exit street level.
- Tehara Station (手原駅) - Near Ritto City Hall and Mt. Anyoji. Also near the site of the new Tokaido shinkansen station proposed to be built.
- Ishibe Station (石部駅) - Former Ishibe-juku stage town on the Tokaido Road linking Edo (Tokyo) and Kyoto. Also Jorakuji Temple and Chojuji Temple are reachable by bus. Bicycle rental near the station.
- Kosei Station (甲西駅) - Zensuiji temple and Konan City Hall are nearby. Bicycle rental at station.
- Mikumo Station (三雲駅) -
- Kibukawa Station (貴生川駅) - Transfer point for Ohmi Railways and Shiga Kogen Railway.
- Konan Station (甲南駅) - Bicycle rental at station.
- Terasho Station (寺庄駅) -
- Koka Station (甲賀駅) - Take a bus to the Koka Ninja Village. Bicycle rental at station.
- Aburahi Station (油日駅) -
- Tsuge Station (柘植駅) - In Iga, Mie Prefecture. Transfer to the Kansai Main Line.