Medium-size Japanese garden with flowers, bamboo grove, pond, and tea ceremony pavilion. The garden was originally built in 1915 as part of the second home of Eguchi Sadamine, vice president of Manchuria Railroad in China. In 1929, it became the villa of the Iwasaki family who operated the Mitsubishi Zaibatsu group. Tokyo bought the estate from Iwasaki family in 1974 and opened it to the public. Two-minute walk from Kokubunji Station on the JR Chuo Line, Seibu Kokubunji Line and Seibu Tamako Line.
32 files, last one added on Apr 22, 2007 Album viewed 86 times